Bankruptcy status??

413 Views  ⚫  Asked 7 Years Ago
asked on Apr 24, 2010 at 02:24
by   Miserable KT
Hi there,

I'm now age of 35.
Case happen 10 years ago.
My dad is doing his own biz & i'm one of the director.
By that time, i'm holding 5 Gold C/card.
He bought a RM60K shop lot apartment under my name.
By the time the apartment complete & need to pay instalment, the company facing financial problem.
He didn't pay a single instalment till it being auction.
My dad ask me to withdraw all the cash from all my c/card for rolling.
Roll & roll & roll for about a year by paying minimum payment & then withdraw them out.
He apply a CGC loan of RM70K. And i'm one of the guarantor.
The loan terms is RM40k cash to our bank & RM30K must put into FD.
The company faced critical financial problem & unable to pay the RM40K.
The company closed down & i have to work with others.(a Japanese company)
I'm being paying minimum payment about a year & give up at last.

All the bank is suing me at that time.
I'm really lost & dare not attend the court coz with salary of RM2.3k/mth, how to pay such a big debts.
The collectors called to my company & told my management about this issue.
From that day onwards, I've to run away from collectors.
And end up in a local company for about 7 year without EPF & they agreed to bank to my wife account.

Currently, i've been intro by a friend to interview in a US company in Subang. Which can offer me RM7k/mth as a Senior Procurement Engineer.
And I might need to deal with some supplier in Singapore.
But i don know what's my bankruptcy status.
After i told them about this issue, they need to reconsider of employing me.

I'm sad with anger.
Can anyone help me on these?
Is there any cheap & fast way to discharge?
Btw, as i saw some post here, what is the purpose of AKPK & JIM?
Can it help in my case??

Please advice.
Thank you.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
14 Answers

 1   2   Next »  Last »
answered on Apr 24, 2010 at 11:22
by   LH59
Go to the link below as given by notalawyer, chk yr status.
If cfm you're bankrupt, go to JIM, get all yr files in order.

Jane1963, pls adv Miserable KT on applying for p/port to work o/seas.

Miserable KT, there's a solution to all problems. We were all there, that's why we are here. No worries, put yr bag of burden down, am sure YOU can solve them one by one.

Good Luck!!!!
0 found this helpful

answered on Apr 24, 2010 at 16:26
by   Miserable KT
Thanks LH59.

I'll check on that link.

Hope you guys can guide me the way.

0 found this helpful

answered on Apr 24, 2010 at 16:45
by   Miserable KT
Hi LH59,

Sorry, i'm a bit dumb.
Can't find which categories to chk on my status.

Hope yopu can give me more guide.
Tq tq..
0 found this helpful

answered on Apr 24, 2010 at 20:25
by   vkpc
Looks like the Travel Status Enquiry System is down today.

The employers have no right to fire you just because debt collectors come to kacau.
You can sue them in Industrial Court for Unfair Dismissal.
0 found this helpful

answered on Apr 24, 2010 at 22:28
by   Jane1963
Miserable KT

Don't give up yet. Don't let this bankruptcy pull you down. The hardest part is to accept the fact you "might" have to join this big "bankruptcy" wagon. Face it. You are still young. It is not the end of the world. Any questions, please ask. We have many experience fellas here that is able to help.

If you interested to work overseas, read thru my thread "Process/steps in opening file with JIM". Any questions, pls feel free to ask.

Good Luck.
0 found this helpful

answered on Apr 24, 2010 at 22:59
by   LH59
Miserable KT, you're in for luck here. With vkpc and Jane1963, you'll hv a field day - you ask, they field!!

And're not juz need lots of assurances and no worries, you get tonnes of them fr the likes of us here. And vkpc is right, (you scroll further down, see SSPI - Travel Status Enquiry System)it's "Under Constuction". If urgent, you might go JIM's counter, get them to chk.

Jane1963 is right, the hardest part is accepting the fact tt you're a bankrupt!!  Once over the hurdle, you'll find life still has to go on. So face it! Most of us did

Pening, any advice fr yr end? peter538? See? these are all yr new found 'friends'. We'll try guide/help you thru but pls'll hv to help us to help you!!!

Good Luck!!!
0 found this helpful

answered on Apr 25, 2010 at 00:06
by   Barney
Miserable KT

Have faith. Don't give up. Go to JIM and get advise. Read as much info as you can from the threads here. Very helpful and it's true. Many good people around to offer advise. I'm seeking advise for my friend's case too.

The link you're looking to check the Exit Status of a person is actually here. I hope this link will help.
0 found this helpful

answered on Apr 25, 2010 at 02:22
by   Miserable KT
Hi Barney,

Thanks for the link.
It shows no restriction.

Anyway, I'll go to JIM to check this out.
But to discharge my name, am I gonna go to AKPK to propose the repayment?
But few hundred a mth, i don think they will accept.
Or to declare bankruptcy & pay them later?

Please advice?
0 found this helpful

answered on Apr 25, 2010 at 08:27
by   notalawyer
If shows no travel restriction, it means you are not a bankrupt.
There is nothing to discharge.

If it has been more than 6 years since the letter of demand from the CC bank lawyers,
they can't take any action against you now.

You are now free.
0 found this helpful

answered on May 16, 2010 at 03:00
by   Miserable KT
Hi Guys,

I went to Bank Negara to check my bankruptcy status.
I was sue bankrupt in 2007.

I went to JIM & got my file no.
I've made an appt with AO tis Wed.

A company offer me a very good pay job.
But the thing is, i'm unable to open up a bank account.
Due to tis job, i might need to go Singapore for sourcing.

As a bankrupt, are unable to open a bank acc & travel oversea.
What shall i do or request my AO to help?

Please advice....
0 found this helpful

 1   2   Next »  Last »

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.