Can I be sue in court for RM148.45?

6954 Views  ⚫  Asked 7 Years Ago
asked on May 14, 2011 at 16:44
by   miracle
edited on May 27, 2016 at 06:43
Can I be charged in court for owing U Moblie RM148.45 and be made to pay for their lawyer fees on this. I have already closed my U Mobile account in May last year 2010 when my 2 years contract with them ended.

And in July 2010 I received a letter stating that I still own them RM75-55. After that I received a few calls stating that I own them RM148.45. I ask them to send me a statement or ask their account department to call me to explain the bill concern. Then they stop calling me again until last week I received another call, I think this time from their bill collector company. Again I asked to be given statement or their account department to call me. She insisted that I should go personally to their head office in Berjaya Times Square. I was very angry and told her that why should I go to them when they are the one who wants the money.

Yesterday I received a letter from CTIC Corporation Sdn Bhd sending a lawyer letter to Tetuan Axxx Hxxxxxx & Co. to start taking legal actions against me if within 10 days i did not make an appeal and they will charge me the lawyer fees also.

My questions is, is this possible? Do I have to pay for their lawyer fees if I lost?
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
18 Answers
 1   2   Next »  Last »

answered on May 15, 2011 at 01:11
by   vkpc
Anybody can be sued for even 1 sen owing.
But they probably will not sue. Only trying to scare you.

Because winning the lawsuit is easy.
Collecting the money after winning is HARD.
0 found this helpful

answered on Nov 22, 2011 at 15:56
by   in the same shoes
edited May 27, 2016 at 06:46
How did it end up? Did they still file the suit? And how you did it?
0 found this helpful

answered on Nov 22, 2011 at 23:24
by   1818
edited May 27, 2016 at 06:49
My take is, for only RM148.45, U Mobile won't sue you, the debt collection agency is just using lies to scare you into paying up. There is no way they can bankrupt you based on a RM150 debt! No way!
0 found this helpful

answered on Feb 22, 2012 at 14:16
by   miss
edited May 27, 2016 at 06:55
For your information I have worked with this company for 2 months. The lawyer letter is just to scare you. Firstly, they will call you. Then if you do not pay they will send lawyer letter. Some people will be scared when they see the lawyer letter and make the payment. If you still don't make the payment they will ignore it after that it will consider bad debts. But, after few months you will receive a call from other collection company ask you to make payment.
0 found this helpful

answered on Mar 9, 2012 at 12:47
by   edhog
edited May 27, 2016 at 07:04

Thanks for your information. I also received a letter from CTIC stating that I have an outstanding amount of RM562.62 with DIGI Telecommunication Sdn Bhd, but reality, I NEVER sign-up or used any DIGI services in past. I'm sure someone had use my name and Identity Card (IC) for this. Anyone can advise me what should I do next? Thanks.
0 found this helpful

answered on Mar 10, 2012 at 03:04
by   semaster
edited May 27, 2016 at 07:06

Go file a police report near your area and fax to DIGI Telecommunication Sdn Bhd. This is what I am going to do if I were you.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jun 25, 2012 at 21:00
by   allysa
edited May 27, 2016 at 07:19
Yesterday I also got a reminder letter from CTIC for default payment to TELEKOM RM449.00. Sorry I want to make this statement in Malay because my English is not so good:

Saya sudah terminated servis untuk telefon rumah pada 29 Ogos 2001. It happened 10 years ago but still got tunggakan dan tuntutan dari TELEKOM.

My question is adakah peruntukan Seksyen 6(1) Akta Had Masa 1953 terpakai? Ini kerana mengikut seksyen ini, sesuatu tindakan yang terbit daripada kontrak dan tort haruslah dibawa ke mahkamah dalam tempoh masa 6 tahun. Selepas tamat tempoh had masa, sebarang tuntutan tidak boleh difailkan dimahkamah.

What's your comment? Just to share and get more info.
0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 12, 2012 at 21:01
by   ISPKamal
edited May 27, 2016 at 07:26
Beware, letters and calls from debt collection agency!

Check with the company (that you are supposedly 'owing' from - either DIGI, TELEKOM, U-MOBILE, MMU, etc.) if you really have any outstanding bill. Call the company general line or billing department. DO NOT call the number given by CTIC, they are just to convince you of the debts.

After you confirmed that there are no outstanding bills (most probably there are none), collect all the details (the 'lawyer letter' from CTIC, the name and IC No. of the person who called you) and make a police report. The police could only take action against these culprits if the public make a police report.
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 11, 2012 at 00:11
by   John Doe
edited May 27, 2016 at 07:30
I too have received a letter from this company claiming that I owed MMU RM500, however I have graduated from the university around 10 years ago.

They have called me many times claiming I owe that sum to MMU. When I asked them how could as I had graduated with my scroll and also with my deposit returned to me if I had owed MMU such a sum, additionally I asked them to furnish me some details such as when was the amount due, etc they had asked me to check with MMU.

I see no reason for me to check with MMU based on a statement by a 3rd party and since it has already been 10 years.

Based on the reply I too am going to ignore these people... total waste of time.
0 found this helpful

answered on Dec 11, 2012 at 22:01
by   loje esy
edited May 27, 2016 at 08:15
I’ve a question to ask. Recently I received a letter from CTIC stating that I’ve not pay my tuition fees for the sum of RM110. However, I've graduated from MMU in 2004 and I've been told by the university that I would be unable to attend convocation to receive scroll if I didn't pay my tuition fees.

I did submit a complaint letter to MMU and CAP president. Besides, I made a police report and submit a copy of my convocation certificate as a proof. The police officer said that this case will be forwarded in court. I would like to hear your opinion on this matter. Do I need a lawyer? What are the procedures? What could be worse? Will I win the case if "Seksyen 6(1) Akta Had Masa 1953" is still applicable?
0 found this helpful

 1   2   Next »  Last »

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.