Last Updated: March 14, 2009
Lawyerment is committed to safeguarding your privacy.
Please read the following to learn more about our privacy practices. This privacy statement applies only to Lawyerment website.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
In general, you can browse through Lawyerment website as a visitor without giving us any personal information. However, sometimes we do need information to provide services that you request.
Any information we collect on Lawyerment generally falls into the following categories:
- Registration: When you sign up for My Lawyerment or other Lawyerment service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information such as name, email address, account password, and other information. For certain services, such as our advertising and sponsorship programmes, we also request credit card or other payment account information, which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Lawyerment services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Server Log Information: When you use Lawyerment services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Advertising: We use third-party advitising companies to serve ads when you visit Lawyerment. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more informaiton about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
- Correspondence: If you send email or other communication to Lawyerment, we may keep a record of that communication in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services.
- Links: Lawyerment may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customised content and advertising.
- providing our products and services to users, including the display of customised content and advertising;
- auditing, research, and analysis in order to maintain, protect, and improve our services;
- ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- developing new services.
You can find more information about how we process personal information by referring to the privacy notices for particular services.
Lawyerment processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
Choice for Personal Information
When you sign up for a particular Lawyerment service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collection, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of Lawyerment services, in which case Lawyerment may not be able to provide those services to you.
Lawyerment only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Lawyerment in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms & Conditions, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Lawyerment, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of industry standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. Our databases are accessible only to our designated employees, contractors and agents who require system level access in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
You have the responsibility to safeguard the password you use to access Lawyerment services and to promptly advise us if you ever suspect that your password has been compromised. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Lawyerment will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. In addition, if applicable, you should remember to sign out of your Lawyerment account or service at the end of each session. You may also wish to clear your browser cache and history when you have finished your work using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
No data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services.