Majlis Perbandaran Seremban (MPS)
Also known as the Seremban Municipal Council in English.
Established in 1897 as the Health Board providing only basic amenities to the Seremban dwellers. After the Second World War, Seremban grew rapidly and the Health Board was replaced by the Seremban Town Board until 1965, when it was further upgraded and known as the Seremban Town Council. On March 1, 1979, the Town Council was restructured accordance with the Local Government Act 1976 and proclaimed as the Seremban Municipal Council.
Majlis Perbandaran Seremban (MPS)'s functions are to provide disposal of garbage/waste and to upkeep the cleanliness of the town; to provide and maintain the basic infrastructure e.g. roads, drains, street lights; to monitor public health, through licensing of businesses and monitoring building constructions; and to provide social and recreational facilities e.g. parks and children's playground.
Majlis Perbandaran Seremban (MPS)'s administration covers Bandar, part of Ampangan, part of Rasah, part of Seremban, part of Rantau, part of Pantai and part of Labu.
Share this page
|Guide ID: 2282