LastPass is a password manager which allows you to manage all your passwords and login details securely with only a single utility tool. You don't have to waste your time remembering passwords or worrying about forgetting and resetting passwords.
With LastPass, all you need is to remember a single password, which is the master password
to unlock this utility where all your passwords are kept in an encrypted vault. Without the master password, nobody is able to access the encrypted data, including the software developer.
Wherever and whenever you need your passwords on your desktop PC, laptop, tablet or mobile devices, you can use LastPass to sync them for you. You have to synchronize your settings
manually since you may need different security profiles at different places and browsers. You can set up different preferences in each browser.
LastPass also incorporates a password generator
for generating unique and strong passwords, auto form filler
to simplify your life and Secure Notes
, also known as digital wallet, to simplify online security.
If you are installing LastPass on your desktop PC or laptop, you'll need to install the LastPass browser extension for saving and accessing your passwords. With this extension, you can import your stored login details from your previous password manager.
- Strong Encryption: AES-256 bit encryption, salted hashes, and PBKDF2 SHA-256
- Form Fills: Auto fill your credit card, billing address and shipping address, when making purchases.
- Multifactor Authentication: Option to enable second security information (SMS 6 digit codes, One-tap push notifications, or Time based 6-digit codes) before accessing an account on mobile device.
- Share Passwords: Conveniently and safely share passwords or notes with anyone.
- Secure Notes: Store notes such as your passport number, safes combination, bank account numbers, SSH keys, software license, credit cards, insurance cards and membership details. You can add documents, PDF files and images as attachments to your notes.
LastPass is available for free with all basic features. The free version includes:
- ads in its interface and
- Secure Notes storage up to 50MB
The Premium version costs US$12 per year and comes with the following additional features:
- Ad-free experience
- 1GB Secure Notes storage
- Desktop fingerprint identification
- Shared family folder up to 5 users
- YubiKey and Sesame 2FA options
LastPass is an online service and browser extension that runs locally on your device or in your browser to provide service. Your data is encrypted and decrypted at device level. Therefore, although the data is stored in your online vault, your master password and keys to encrypt and decrypt the data is never sent to LastPass service provider.